Levy Park is a vibrant urban space located in the heart of the Upper Kirby District of Houston.
The park’s thoughtful design features activity areas, a dog park, a community garden, the Children’s Park, and beautiful landscaping. Accenting the grounds are free, year-round passive and active programming in wellness, the arts, education, and recreation. Whether visiting the park for a special event, program, picnic, play date, or to enjoy the outdoors, Levy Park is an inclusive, space to connect, experience, do, and play.
Levy Park is the result of a 1941 bequest from the estate of Leon Levy. In 2015, the Upper Kirby Redevelopment Authority, in partnership with the Upper Kirby District Foundation, undertook the transformation of Levy Park into a world-class park. The 6-acre park, designed by the Office of James Burnett and Natalye Appel and Associates Architects, reopened in 2017.
Levy Park Conservancy, an affiliate of the Upper Kirby District Foundation, is the private, nonprofit organization responsible for the maintenance, operation, and programming of Levy Park, a public City of Houston Park.
- ULI Houston Development of Distinction Award, Urban Open Space, 2018
- ULI Houston Development of Distinction Award, People’s Choice, 2018
- HBJ Landmark Award – Public Private Partnership, 2018
- Paper City Design Award – Greater Good, 2018
- ACEC Special Projects Gold Medal Winner, ACEC Texas Engineering Excellence Awards, 2018
- ACEC National Recognition Award, ACEC National Engineering Excellence Awards, 2018
- ASLA Texas Honor Award – Design, 2018
- Houston Press: Best of Houston, Best New Park, 2017
- AIA Houston Urban Design Award, 2017
Join us ONLINE for these educational and diverse programs courtesy of the Houston Museum of Natural Science! Links to these videos, along with a password,...
Join the party and sweat with Tiny Fitness to rhythms from around the world! This 45-minute Zumba fitness class will have you grooving, shaking, and toning to salsa, hip hop, samba, and bhangra...
Join us ONLINE for Tai Chi in the Park. Practice Tai Chi to connect and focus the body and mind with slow, low-impact gentle movements and stretches. Open to all ages and levels, this class is...
Join the Houston Center for Photography for ONLINE educational photography workshops. These community-driven workshops focus on photography as a means for creative expression and acquiring...